Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Thing 20 Video



OK, I just wanted to see if I could post a video on YouTube a few months ago. I don't take much video with my camera, but I couldn't resist video of these guys in Central Park (you may have seen them; I've seen them several times).

YouTube can be a terrible waste of time, but it also makes it really easy to share video content. I can see libraries using it to introduce staff (more in a smaller library), demonstrate something, offer a preview of a program, give a building tour, and so forth. It seems to almost call for amateur video, so one doesn't feel that it's necessary to have highly sophisticated video. And because so many people are looking for video there every day....those same people could easily just run across the library's video.

No comments: